Thursday, January 15, 2015

Ozotic Gradient with Hex Nail Jewelry Accents!

Guess what guys?  The ridiculous amount of Hex Nail Charms I ordered a while back arrived!  I've been seeing them all over the internet so of course I need them too.  I probably shouldn't have ordered ~25 of them but whatcha gunna do.  I needed something awesome to pair them with so why not a gradient with Ozotic holo polishes?  Unicorns need rainbows, it's the law. 

To start, I applied the usual two coats of Rimmel Black Satin.  Once dry, I painted two thick stripes of Ozotic 531 (orangey) and 534 (purpley) on a makeup sponge and daubed it on my nails.  I only did two coats of the gradient as I really like the scattered rainbow effect you get when you really lightly apply a holo polish.  Once dry, I placed a drop of nail glue on my nail, attempted to stick the charm on, peeled it off my fingers/tweezers and finally got it stuck to my nail.  I've used top coat, cheap nail glue and proper 3 second nail glue and trust me, if you're going to invest a dollar or so for each charm, get the proper nail glue.  Even though my ring finger is a bit too curved for the unicorn and the horn sticks up a little, it still lasted all day.  That's less likely to happen with other methods. 






The Verdict: LOVE the charms, love the Ozotic polishes and my sparkly shoes, of course.  These charms are just such a nice way to accent a nail without having to do anything complicated.  And if you can get some rainbows in there too, of course that's going to make it even awesomer.  Sparklies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX