Wednesday, January 14, 2015

31DC2014 Day 6: Violet! Or what happens when you don't know when to stop adding stuff

Dammit this challenge is hard.  Taking proper photos is just the really hard part on top of actually doing the nails cos you have to edit them, fix the colours, and then actually write the post.  Hence the placeholder posts.  I'm totes going to go back and do them proper, I swear.  Ok so Violet.  Not super feeling it, so hence the mature-shirt-for-older-ladies thing I have going here.  Oh well.  It's a thing.  Onward!

I don't really know what I was going for here.  I just kept sticking stuff on and it went ok I guess.  To start I applied two coats of Essie Bikini So Teeny then sponged on Essence Dark Night Starlight, Zoya Megan and OPI Planks a Lot, all purples.  I didn't realise my violets water decals were white backgrounded so instead of them, butterflies!  Oh course I needed to add glitter and studs too.  Urgh.  Not feeling it.  But it's here.  So yay!





The Verdict:  Yeah, this is the kind of thing you see in stores on vacation, you know, for the older crowd.  But the water decals are cool, even though they have a habit of dissolving if you go over them with Seche Vite one too many times.  Eh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX