Wednesday, January 14, 2015

NEON NEON NEON NEON Nails from the Planet NEON. COS NEON

Greetings from Planet Neon, where the nails are the neon and the skin colour is weird!  I've been experimenting with some new stuff to stick to myself lately and it's really hard to choose! I asked Instagram to pick something for me from this picture and I'm happy they choose the neon bar studs.  As I'm wont to do, I of course had to cover my nails completely with these things.  Success!  Even if my camera couldn't handle NEON NEON NEON and skin colour.  Onwards! 

Not that it matters in this case but I started with three coats of Loreal Don't Shy Away, a really pretty dark plurple jelly.  It's really shiny and nice when, you know, you can see more than half a mm of the polish.  I wanted a nice deep base for my studs to stick.  This is a case where I could have used nail glue but then I worry I would never have seen my nails again.  So lots of top coat and patience won.  I did the usual process, starting in the middle and working my way out.  I was lucky the studs mostly fit vertically on my nails.  You can certainly trim them, but it's hard to cut them straight and avoid them bending.  I did trim some for the edges though.  Line it up on your nail then use small, sharp scissors like these to trim them.  Just don't tell my mum I used good scissors to cut nails studs.  Shhhh.  But yeah.  No extra top coat!  Just gingerly touching things for a while.  We aren't going for practicality here :)






The Vedict: I LOVE how these came out.  No base colour bleeding issues, just nice, crisp colours.  And, like, eye-ball-bustingly neon rainbows.  Now I just have to figure out how to stick glitter on these as well.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX