Wednesday, January 14, 2015

NEON NEON NEON RAINBOW NEON NAILS 2: THE BLACK LIGHTENING!

If you've been here a while, you'll know that if I come across a good thing, I'm going to keep doing that thing til I run it into the ground.  Turns out to be a good thing if you can put a twist on it.  My neon nails from a few days ago were really popular and I was just going to leave it at that until someone on Reddit mused about said nails under blacklight.  I have a black light bulb so it's the perfect excuse to do even more complicated neon nails.  SO.  GLAD.  I. DID.  Cos LOOOK:

I didn't say a lot about how I did the last nails because I didn't have the adhesion technique quite down pat.  Turns out, if you do three coats of a black polish - in this case China Glaze Liquid Leather - a bung a lot of top coat on it, studs pressed into it will stay.  I mean, you will lose a bunch off the ends but it's worth it.  Most will stay.  Oh, but do make sure you do whole nails at once, don't stop and start like I did.  That's how you get inconsistent spacing.  If you're not into that.  










The Verdict: I nearly died when I first shined the blacklight on these nails.  I mean, LOOK AT THEM.  Even the colours that aren't that bright just ignite.  I wish some of them were a little straighter but I think it turned out ok.  Dammit, now I have to think of something else to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX