Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Rainbow Circle Glitter Nails, Or, Why You Should Always Moisturise

So I found a new site to be obsessed with, Aliexpress.  There are literally hundreds of thousands of nail art bits and pieces on there - charms, glitter, decals, you name it - all for ridiculously cheap prices.  I sound like a shill but seriously, the stuff on there! I mean, look at this.  Squarely up my alley.  Anyway, I ordered some circle glitter from there, all is good but the reason I'm annoyed is I did not moisturise properly.  So instead of being able to focus on the sparklies, all I can see in these pictures is where I tried and failed to properly photoshop out my dry skin.  URRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  I'm showing you anyway though, even though I'm probably going to have to do this over so it's right.

Usual process here.  Two coats of China Glaze Liquid Leather then the usual slow drying top coat to stick the glitter in.  Because the circle glitter is on the larger side, make sure you press the glitter down into the base.  Not so far that it overflows, but enough to ensure it says on.  As well as being a case for moisturising, this also shows why you shouldn't use old top coat over the top of glitter.  Cos bubbles.  No one likes unintentional bubbles.







The Verdict:  I like the colours and the glitter was good quality but those little details just bug me.  It wastes time as I edit the photos and makes it less than perfect.  You might think I'm being fussy.  That's ok too.  It is sparkly.  Yay sparklies!

The glitter is available on Aliexpress.com, $4.82 a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX