Thursday, January 15, 2015

Review: Sephora Formula X Voltage

I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with the Sephora Formula X polishes.  I love them, because they're gorgeous and hate them because they're $15 each.  I hate them a bit more for being so gorgeous I'll PAY $15 each.  After Outburst was so stunning the other day, I had to get the red one, Voltage.  Next pay I'll probably get the other three.  Sigh.  Let's bask in sparkliness, shall we?

Voltage is an absolutely amazingly awesome red jelly polish, packed with different sizes of gold holo glitter.  I don't know what it is, but I'm obsessed with the layered effect you get with these polishes.  I didn't want to have to worry about opacity here so I started off with a thin coat of Urban Outfitters Spiked Punch.  I then layered three coats of Voltage on the top.  You can get away with two but sparklies so three for me.  I sealed everything in with a coat of Seche Vite and stuck on some Hex Nail Jewelry because I like them for accents.  Sparkly!





The Verdict: Of course I love this.  My fingers still hate red polish but don't care, this is too awesome.  The formula is great - you don't have to dig for glitter - and it's just sparkly all the time.  I'm sitting here at work under fluorescent and natural light and they're rainbowing all over the place.  I'm just sad I'm going to have to buy the other three now.  At $15 each :( silly Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX