Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Sunny Ocean Mermaid Nails!

GLITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.  I'm Australian so it's still aaaaaaar.  It's been a while since I've done a good mermaid glitter placement so I did that.  Some of the macro photos show why it's not the best idea to try to do glitter placements when you're tired cos they go a bit wonky but over, sparkly.  So the question I get asked the most is where I get my glitter from.   WELLLLL on Friday you can get some from me.  At The Sparkly Shop.  In very limited quantities because I may be a glitter hoarder but I'm not that much of a glitter hoarder.  Also charms.  Anyway, on to the pics!

Usually dealio here.  I started with two coats of Revlon Carioca Crush.  It was physically impossible for me to not buy this polish, it's that good of a blue.  Sure, navy might have worked better in this mani but I can live with it.  Then, doing my usual technique - of which you can see a video here - I applied my four colours of glitter - blue, tea, lime and gold.  This is the single hardest part about glitter placements - finding colours that will go nice together in a gradient.  Two coats of Seche Vite and you're done.






I have a few gaps in my glitter and I set my aperture too low so my depth of field is too shallow but otherwise it's sparkly and that's pleasing to me.  I love being a mermaid doing my mermaid things like doing mermaid programming at my mermaid job.  That has a lot of penises.

Yeah so about the shop thing, if all goes to plan, I'll have three different glitter sets up for sale on The Sparkly Shop on Friday.  I swear I don't mind either way but if you want find out exactly when and what will be going up you can have a look at our newsletter.  I solemnly swear on my polish collection I will never do anything with your information other than send you sparklies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX