Thursday, January 15, 2015

New Years Eve Nails with Sparkly Silver Holo Squares!

Finally, a holiday made for me!  New Years Eve has been designated the sparkly night and that's actually a lot of pressure for me.  What, you mean I have to choose just ONE sparkly?  But I'm sparkly all year round!  I decided that since I usually dress up in all black, why not go simple with black and silver nails.  I'm glad I did because OMG the sparklies. 


I'm not going to talk so much about how I did this mani - you'd be just as well off having a look at either my tutorial or at another mani I've done recently with square glitter.  This is was done using two coats of Essie Licorice with square silver holo glitter on top.  I will recommend one thing though - if you're using glitter this small, stick to two coats of base colour.  Any more and by the time you get a few layers of your adhesive top coat on your glitter can get a bit uneven.  Let's just look at the pictures, shall we?  After all,  I finally got the rainbows to show up properly, thanks to the awesome flash my bf got.  There's two videos too!





The Verdict:  I don't even really have words for how happy I am with how this came out.  I was expecting it to be sparkly but the fact it gets almost linear holographic rainbows is just..... :D. So sparkly, and :D.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX