Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Sparkliest Nails I've Ever Done, But in Red! Cos Why Not!

Ok so considering I did what might have been my most sparkly nails ever the other day and that I have that same glitter in two other colours, there is hardly surprising I'm going to do the same thing again.  I just like looking at this glitter.  It's just so interesting in it's dazzle finish, and so sparkly.  It's much better to talk about the sparklies rather than how angry I am at my inability to take photos of red things.  Look how blown out my fingers are here!  Admittedly it's better than my last attempt at red nails but still bugs me.  Oh well, sparkly!  

I've found that when working with circle glitter, it works better to pair the glitter with a matching base, rather than a contrasting one.  It helps hide any placement issues and from a distance just helps it look all over sparkly.  Which is generally the goal.  My glitter is a deep, rich red so I started off with three coats of Essie Toggle to the Top.  Turns out it's just about a perfect match.  I went with three coats because this glitter is just so big and thick.  You want a nice thick base to press each piece down into.  Working with my usual slow drying top coat, I applied a thick stripe down the middle of each nail, laid the centre column of glitter and worked out to each edge, trimming pieces to fit as necessary.  There's a video at the bottom, if you're curious about the trimming.  Sparkly!




The Verdict: Of course I love how this came out.  I'm even happy it doesn't look like I've been in a fight in my cuticles.  I had to do this to show off to Lindsey (my now IRL friend I met on Instagram who also does nails) because who would I be if not someone to maximise any and all attention, especially in person? Sparkly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX