Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Do-It-Yourself Duochrome Nails with Nails Inc Baker Street and Gold Glitter

I tell you, I can't remember the last time I did back-to-back posts.  The combination of having a job that requires a real commute instead of a five minute walk, said job being rather intense, then having my mum visit and going on vacation as well as managing The Sparkly Shop makes it difficult to manage.  I'm also old and get sleepy.  I'm not going to make sweeping statements about how I'm going to post every day from now on because that's not realistic but I just might be able to manage doing more.  You should follow me on Instagram though, that I do keep updated.  Anyway, on to the glittery duochrome-ness! 



You'd have to be blind not to realise how in to holo glitter I am.  It's awesome and sparkly and all that is good in the world.  However, once in a while mixing things up with metallic glitter can be nifty, especially when you accidently create a mani that could almost pass for a duochrome.  I started this off with two coats of Nails Inc Baker Street - that wonderful cobalt blue creme.  I then did my usual dealio with top coat and my gold circle glitter.  Just pay attention at the start with your spacing and you'll make things a lot easier for yourself.  I topped it all off with my gel top coat from the Nailene kit I've been using lately. 





The Verdict: I absolutely love how this came out.  Close up you get all the reflections and shinies and from a distance you get a proper duochrome effect - a colour that's both blue and gold, both at the same time.  It's spangly and I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX