Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Pink Mega-Sparkly Nails!

It's hardly a secret how much I love sparklies.  If it were at all practical, I would make my middle name Sparkly.  Laura Sparkly Tucker.  That does have a nice ring to it.  Anyway, this adoration of all the sparklies means just about my favourite thing ever is dazzle glitter.  It's like a bunch of tiny pieces of glitter were smushed together into a larger piece.  And oh, so sparklies.  I've done red and silver manis using this glitter before so that's the perfect excuse to use the pink.  That makes sense, right? 

For once, I actually have a video to show you how to do this.  It's exactly the same process here.  I started with a similar base polish - in this case the gorgeous Sephora Formula X Fine like Einstein - and applied two coats.  When using dazzle glitter, it helps to have a holo base in a similar tone. Means you don't have to spend as much time filling in the spaces around your cuticles because the gaps just don't show that much.  I then applied my usual line of glitter down the middle of my nail, filled out each size and trimmed any excess glitter off the ends of my nails.  Two coats of Seche Vite is good here too. 







The Verdict:  Well, this is awesomely sparkly and dazzly and of course I love it.  The base polish did its job, it didn't even really show when I lost a few pieces of the ends of my nails over the course of the day.  

You can find this glitter in a set with three other colours over at The Sparkly Shop.  I totally wouldn't hate it if you just had a look, sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX