Wednesday, January 14, 2015

31DC2014 Day X: Flowers! Lots of them!

Less complaining, more nails is now my motto and dammit that's a thing I'mma do.  Let's call these my nails for the Flowers prompt of the 31DC2014.  I rarely have a concrete idea in mind when I do my nails and this a good idea of how an idea evolves into pretty decent nails, if I do say so myself.  Let's take a look, shall we?

Rather than go through the same old steps of how I did this - you can look at any other post for that - let's go through how this came about, shall we, stream of consciousness style!  "Ok flowers.  Flowers.  Hmm.  Well, I could make flowers out of circle glitter. Ooh those white dots would work well.  Ok, so what do they go with?  I have those white daisy charms that I keep having to order in for the shop.  I'm sensing a theme here!  Ok, so I have two different kinds of daisies.  IN THE GRASS.  No, not that green, not that one or that or that or ohhh sparkly let's go with Formula X Lightning, any excuse to use those polishes.  It needs a base though... not that green not that not that yess Revlon Posh is perfect.  Two coast of that, two coats of Lightning, glue the charms on dammit get off my finger charm stupid glue ok yes it definitely needs more glitter daisies oh yes slather on that too thick top coat gotta buy more ok top coat aaarouuund the charms and done."  






The Verdict:  I'm actually really happy with how this turned out, even though it's green and I'm not super into that.  The flowers were all nice and flowery too.  Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX