Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I FINALLY GOT NAIL FOILS TO WORK AHHHH

Nail foils are so amazing in theory.  Super shiny, super holo and really quick to do.  However, as soon as you move or apply top coat, they die.  Thus, the eternal quest to find a top coat that doesn't ruin the finish of the foils.  I FOUND IT.  Sally Hansen Miracle Gel top coat DOESN'T KILL FOILS.  To prove it, I thought I'd have a go at doing nail foil stripes and it turned out awesome except for where I kept trying to cover up the gaps.  SHINNIEEEESSSSSS!  Oh and of course I need charms

To start I applied three coats of the amazing neon coral China Glaze Thistle Do Nicely.  I have no idea where this came from but it's so bright and neon.  In person it's ten times brighter cos neon are impossible to photograph.  Anyway.  Once the three coats + Seche Vite had dried, I applied striping tape to do my foil stripes.  I applied the glue over the tape and then peeled the tape off before the glue dried.  Once it was clear, I applied my gold holo foil over the top.  My mistake here was to try to fill in the gaps cos it just lost some of the definition but still, it's shiny.  Two coats of the Sally Hansen top coat and some bow charms and I'm good to go.  






The Verdict: Well I think my foil obsession is a thing now so brace yourselves.  It's just so shiny!  I love shiny.....

Bow charms from The Sparkly Shop for $1.99 a pair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX