Friday, January 16, 2015

A is for Aztec: Rainbow Kinda Aztec Nails

I swear glitter talks to me.  "Hey, you don't need to try anything new!  You can just use us again!  Who cares you've already done a bunch of glitter mosaics this week!  Doooo eeet" So of course I relent because glitter is amazing.  It's getting harder and harder to find an interesting base colour so I tend to fall back on my favourites.  That's how this ridiculous rainbow aztec-y mani came about.

To start, I applied three coats of the always amazing China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise.  It's just such a brilliant colour I can overlook the fact it gets a little streaky in the first few coats.  Evens out so it's ok.  I then went to work with the square glitter that came in the same pot as the hex matte glitter I've been using recently.  I found it easiest to start at the cuticle with your bottom colour then build a column straight up.  It's straightforward to then build out each side and seal with top coat.  This counts as aztec, right?  I want to get in on that sweet, sweet A-Z challenge going on over at RedditLaqueristas.





The Verdict:  Some of the glitter is a bit wonky but I'm happy with the overall result.  Certainly eye-catching for a non-holo mani, even though the green blends in more than I'd like.  Yay glitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX