Saturday, January 17, 2015

Scary Studded Nails, In Case You're That Kind of Valentine's Girl

Not into pink and hearts and flowers?  Me either!  Or, I tried to do a pink and hearts and flowers mani but turns out I can't draw even hearts for the life of me so it's the other end of the Valentine's spectrum for me!  I've been wanting to crack out the micro beads for a while now so let's take a look at my slightly scary studded nails.  Oh, and don't buy the caviar kits, just go to an arts and crafts store, you should be able to buy a bag that you will inevitably spill for about $1.

To start, what I should have done was fix the settings on my camera so the colours aren't so wonky but it's too late for that!  After applying two coats of American Apparel, I went through my usual process for applying glitter, just using super thick coats of top coat and making sure the beads are pressed all the way down into the polish.  I used a toothpick to pick up the beads, it seemed to work ok.  I kinda cheated here and didn't add my usual covering coats of top coat but I decided to live directly on the edge and skip it.  If you wanted this to last more than a night, I'd add lots of Seche Vite or the like though.








The Verdict: I like how this looks but it was almost impossible for me not to pick the beads off.  It's fun to do and looks cool though!  I also wanted to include my kitty cos I can.  She's an inside cat and I want her to share in the excitement of the nearly foot of snow we got in Toronto last week.  Look how cute she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX