Friday, January 16, 2015

Review: Nails Inc Ladbroke Grove and Noho

If I see an interesting nail polish, I'm prooobbabbbly going to buy it.  Using it is a completely different thing but I'm definitely going to buy it.  I picked up the pink Nails Inc Leather Effect polish Ladbroke Lane ages ago and I haven't really known what to do with it.  It wasn't until I caved and bought the black one, Noho, that I finally figured out what to do with them.  Leather chevrons!


I knew I wanted "stripes" of leather - because that's what I'd do with real leather - so I started off with two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls and topped it with a coat of Seche Vite to get it really dry.  I then laid out my strips of striping tape and used a smaller brush to paint my chevrons on, because I didn't want to risk getting it everywhere.  I was so surprised by how good the leather polish is!  It's opaque in one (thick) coat, dries fast and actually looks like leather.  The texture doesn't skeeve me out either, like the Liquid Sand polishes can sometimes.  I just really love how this came out.  I want to put the black on everything now...





The Verdict:  I really kinda love how this came out.  I just said that up there but I do!  If I was to be practical I'd say you don't really need more than one of these - even if the stripes look cool.  You super need the black though.  LOOK AT IT.  Can you imagine how awesome this would look contrasted against glitter?  Or just a matte polish?  Or anything?  I think this might be my new favourite :O

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX