Saturday, January 17, 2015

Blue and Red Harlequin Nails

I'm in a ridiculously lucky position right now.  The company I worked for for three years fell apart and with a combination of the savings and resulting payout, I don't have to work for a little while.  Not forever, but enough time for me to get enough sleep and to fully dedicate as much time as I want to doing my nails, among other things.  This is how I had the time to do the ridiculous manicure I'm about to show you, and why I'm publishing this at 5.30am. 

I was sorting out my desk when I came across a pot of red holographic diamond shaped glitter I haven't really known how to fully utilise.  It's the only one I have in this size so I couldn't do the geometric shapes I've done with some other colours in the past.  I think I've always known what to do with it, but it's tiny, and fiddly.  Bracing myself with a lot of episodes of The Good Wife and a google search for the best colour complements to red, I began.  To start this manicure, I applied three coats of Urban Outfitters Babyboy, a slightly dusky baby blue.  Then, using my usual technique I added the glitter.  I found the best way to get the glitter even was to do a straight strip down the centre of each nail and built out each side.  You have a bit of wiggle room to shift the pieces around if they don't line up exactly.  I don't even really know how long this took, but I love it so much it's worth it. 








The Verdict: I love this both close up and from a distance.  The red glitter is holographic so it's super sparkly.  From a distance it almost looks purple but with red flashes, even in really dim light.  I love it so much it's been 24 hours and I can't take it off.  It's going to be hard, that's for sure.  I'll keep patching up the pieces that fall off, see if I can't make it last for a while.  Made me cross-eyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX