Friday, January 16, 2015

I Can Be Subtle Sometimes

If you've been here more than five seconds, or can even see the lovely background my friend Erica made for me, you can see I like sparkly, neon, bright, sparkly nails.  Makes my bank account sad because I buy so many things just because they're sparkly, but it makes me happy.  Very occasionally though, I like to go subtle.  So subtle you can't tell I spent a couple hours placing glitter on my nails.  Perversely, this also makes me happy because no one can tell from a distance how long this took.  They just look white.  YESSS.

To start, I applied two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls then sponged on a gradient with the same white and Orly Pure Porcelain.  This came out in just the very minorly noticeable gradient I wanted.  I then went to work with my white square(ish) glitter.  I swear, if anyone knows of a place I can get larger square glitter that is cut evenly, please tell me because everytime I try the pieces all have bits making them not square.  And this makes me sad.  Anyway, I went to work with my usual process, stripe of top coat and a zig-zag column of glitter down the middle, then building out either side.  Then lots of top coat.  Please ignore how weird my skin looks, I didn't clean off the white from the sponging properly and thought it would be easier to photoshop out the white bits than just take the photos again.  SURPRISE that's a bad idea too bad.




The Verdict:  I really love how this came out, especially how it feels like a secret.  This could so easily have just been stickers, or stamps, or whatever, but only I (and now you know) that NOPE it took forever with glitter.  This makes me happy.  Yay subtlety!


No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX