Saturday, January 17, 2015

Stamping and Gradients, Finally Coming Together in a Cutesy Package

Are you ready for the most cutesy nails ever seen on this blog?  I'm starting off with a warning cos they're a bit ridiculous.  So I've been on a bit of a gradient kick lately ever since I figured out that you just have to follow all the tutorials out there.  I saw a particularly awesome pastel and paisley design on tumblr the other day and thought I'd give it a shot.  Not only did the gradient work, the stamping did too!

To start, I applied two coats of L.A. Girl Delicate and, once dry, painted strips of Revlon Pink Lingerie, Urban Outfitters Mojave and Revlon Cloud on my makeup sponge.  Three coats of dabbing got my colours nice and even, smooth.  I have trouble getting in around my cuticles so I helped the coverage along a little with applying the polish directly.  Once the gradient was dry, I waited another ten minutes before starting my stamping. Trust me, there's nothing worst than getting all the way to the stamp application stage only to have layers of wet polish ooze out under the stamp *shudder*.  So after waiting ten minutes I waited another ten.  Then, using my Konad Black Special Polish and BM-320, I actually got the stamp to apply.  I've always had issues with getting the stamp on the stamp but turns out being quick with the scraping and then using a rolling motion to pick up the image, I actually got a good result. 







 The Verdict: Of course I love this.  It took too long and was so risky with the stamping on the top for me not to love it.  My bf came up behind me as I was editing these saying "Oooh, who did those?" cos they were so awesome.  And cute, I like cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX