Friday, January 16, 2015

Long Cat Nails!

When someone visits my apartment, if they sit still for more than about five minutes I'm going to paint their nails.  It's inevitable.  I'll get a guy one of these days... Anyway, I had my nice friend Erica around the other day and because she does amazing work painting intricate shoes, I instead bribe her to actually paint my nails.  She did a great rocket cat themed mani for me earlier in the year so of course the next logical progression is Long Cat.  That looks like my cat.  Yeesssss

To start, I applied three coats of China Glaze Electric Beat and let it dry completely.  Erica then worked her magic with acrylic paints to create the wonderful image you see before you.  She started by marking out the shape of the body so it would line up properly, then filled in the body, detailed the face and added shading, clouds and one tiny tree, you know, for scale.  I then topped it off with a coat of Seche Vite and done, the longest cat is done! 






The Verdict:  I love how this came out, especially since it looks like my cat, Rocket.  Who is the cutest cat in the world.  Thanks Erica :D:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX