Friday, January 16, 2015

Review: Clipart Nails with Big Ruby Tattoos

I like to keep up with what other bloggers are doing, and if one of them does something cool, I kiiinda need to do it too.  When I saw this nail tattoo mani over at Chalkboard Nails, I knew I had to get the tattoos too.  That's a lot of O's in a sentence.  I'm ok with it.  Anyway, an order to Big Ruby Tattoos and brainstorming session consisting of having them sit on my desk for a week, let's take a look at my manly nails!


Since the internet has already seen the "Hers" set of tattoos, I had to go for the "His" collection.  I've tried temporary tattoo manis before and have had issues with them breaking apart with the top coat so I approached with caution and low expectations.  Turns out, Big Ruby tattoos are totally fine.  I wanted a bold, non-girly colour to go with my manly tattoos so I started out with three coats of Urban Outfitters Sunshine, a really bold yellow.  It was a little streaky at first but after three coats, it was fine.  Next, I cut out all my tattoos and applied them one at a time.  I didn't have any real trick here, just choose one, line it up, press on the wet cotton pad for 20 seconds and done.  I could even apply a full nail's worth at once without layers of top coat.  Once I was done, I applied two coats of Seche Vite, because I wanted them to stay.  So in your face, it's awesome.





The Verdict: I love how these came out.  The yellow and black turns out to be the perfect combination for bold, manly nails.  The tattoos applied super easily too.

The Other Hand: I'm going to start doing this as a section because I feel I probably should.  I didn't use the tattoos on my other hand as I wanted to save them.  I used the same base colour in Urban Outfitters Sunshine with Cover Band Sticks 'n' Stones, as it seems to fit colour wise.  Yay honesty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX