Friday, January 16, 2015

Triangle Graffiti Nails!

I'm really bad at asking people for suggestions for how I should do my nails, then completely disregarding the excellent suggestions and doing something I saw on Tumblr.  I saw this awesome stupendous creation a few days ago and just had to do it.  Triangles!


I wasn't quite in the mood to make the base colours too complication for this one so I thought I'd just sponge on some random colours.  To start, I did the usual two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls.  Once that was dry I cut myself a small piece of makeup sponge and just splotched on Urban Outfitters Hottub, Rango and Blue Velvet.  Once it and the coat of Seche Vite was dry, I cut a long strip of striping tape and went to work.  I found it was easiest to lay the horizontal stripes first, then each of the diagonal lines.  I did all the taping at once and when done, applied a thick coat of the very excellent almost-holo A England Bridal Veil.  I didn't want flat black and I love this polish as it's a one-coater and has great texture.  One more coat of Seche Vite and I was done.





The Verdict:  This actually came out better than I expected.  I wasn't careful with how I sponged on my base colours - I just kept putting it on til the colours looked blended without going brown.  And my triangles came out really even, and that never happens.  So yay, neon triangles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX