Friday, January 16, 2015

Egyptian Glitter Chevron Nails!

Time again last night for the Reddit monthly meetup so of course I'm going to do super sparkly nails to maximise the amount of attention I can get from the occasion.  I had some gold and black glitter sprinkled on a piece of plastic for some reason, so that was the winner candidate.  And blue too because it was there too.  Let's go look at this, shall we?



In case you can't tell, I'm a bit obsessed with Urban Outfitters Blue Velvet.  I've used it so many times because it's such a great blue.  I started with the usual three coats - it only really needs two but I like a thicker base for the glitter.  Starting with my thumb, I painted a stripe of top coat down the middle of my nail and laid down the first column of glitter, alternating between the three colours.  I then built out either side, using the same technique.  Two coats of Seche Vite and done.  





The Verdict:  This mani was a success last night and that's all I ever really want.  It's sparkly and didn't take that long to do.  I was able to do my right hand from go to whoa and paint my left hand, sprinkling the same glitter over the wet polish, in under an hour and a half.  Totally worth it, in my book.  And sparkly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX