Friday, January 16, 2015

Rainbow Matte Glitter Needs a Pastel Rainbow Background

I'm always on the look out for new glitter. ALWAYS.  Because I like to wander around Etsy when I'm bored, I found a store that sells all kinds of interesting glitter sets.  A pot of rainbow hex and square matte glitter caught my eye and I had to have it.  The problem was then how to make best use of it.  Pastel rainbow gradient background then hand-placed glitter on top of it is clearly an answer. 



To start, I applied two coats of OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, my current go-to white.  Once that was dry, I went to town with six pastel colours and a makeup sponge for the gradient.  I've tried sponging each colour on individually before but the colour transition is never smooth enough for me.  If you're careful and do thin stripes, you can fit six colours on nail-sized sponge.  I can't remember all the colours but stand-outs for me are Revlon Dreamer, American Apparel L'esprit and others.  I can find them if you need them.  Once my rainbow was done, it was on to the glitter.  I used my usual technique to apply the glitter.





The Verdict:  The glitter is good, I'm just not sure about the execution.  The gradient is fine, the glitter is fine, just together...eh.  Especially since it took so long.  I'll find another use for this glitter again, perhaps with the metallic rainbow glitter I got in the same delivery...

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX