Saturday, January 17, 2015

Rainbow Glitter Snakeskin Nails!

I kinda like to showboat a bit at the Reddit monthly meetups.  I love the attention I get when I make my nails extra sparkly.  So I usually show up late because I'm trying to cram as much glitter on my nails as I can.  Let's take a look at this month's effort!


Yep, the closest thing to hand when I took these photos was my wind-up plastic kangaroo.  That's how I roll.  Anyway, I knew I wanted to do something with rainbow holographic diamond glitter this time but am a bit sick of a black base.  The advantage of using un-needed glitter from an indie polish seller is that it doesn't bleed, colour-wise, so Urban Outfitters Tiny Shirt it is, a wonderful neon pink creme.  After applying three coats (two would have been fine, but you need a thick base for the glitter to sink in to) I went to work using my usual technique.  You have to be careful with this glitter to make sure it's sunk as deep into the top coat as possible, without having it overflow.  You do this, and your glitter isn't going anywhere.  Except on the ends.  Because it's hard to get the half pieces to stay.  But whatever.  And yes, I did trim the glitter for both my cuticles and then ends, but it's worth it and not hard if you have small sewing scissors.





 

The Verdict:  The pictures came out kinda weird because the pink is so neon, and I took these photos the next day.  These were super awesome in person though, and I'm not kidding about the rainbows on my desk.  Mmm sparklies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX