Friday, January 16, 2015

Ocean Mermaid Nails!

I was contacted by someone from Glitties.com recently, offering to send me glitter to review.  Of course I'm up for that!  My jam is making patterns with glitter so I was super happy to see so many different glitter colours in the same size and shape.  I'm like a crackhead for holo glitter, so the gold, silver, turquoise and light blue 3mm hexes were of course going to be my first choice.  SO SPARKLY. Let's take a look at my latest mermaid nails, shall we?


Working with large pieces of glitter like this can be tricky: you have to make sure no bits stick up, that you work right to the edges of your nails and that your top coat covers evenly.  I've found that starting with three coats of your base colour - in this case I used Essie Dive Bar - gives you a nice deep base to press your glitter down.  I started each nail with a column of glitter down the center, starting at the cuticle and building up.  I then built out each side, using pieces I cut in half with a pair of sewing scissors as necessary to get a clean edge around each cuticle.  You know, the usual.  For the ends of my nails, I just trimmed off any overhanging bits.  It's best to finish off with at least two coats of Seche Vite, making sure you wrap your tips with each coat.  BAM, SPARKLY.






The Verdict:  Love the glitter, love the holo, love the colours.  Happy Laura!  Even though I picked off a bit that was sticking up and annoying me then went home and fixed it at lunch.  SPARKLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX