Friday, January 16, 2015

Rainbow Nails, Mixing Matte and Shiny Glitter Together for All That Texture

I'm not really sure how to introduce this manicure, other than I love it but am scared for my sanity over how long it took to do.  This took a long time to do.  Like, a LONG time.  Like, I'm not going to tell you how long, cos it's a long time.  I don't care though because I had the TV show Scandal to keep me company and now I have the most rainbow-y nails in this apartment.  Let's take a look at this monstrosity, shall we?


When I did my computer logo nails last week, I fell just a bit in love with the rainbow glitter as all the colours went together perfectly.  My brain of course then wanted to know what would happen if I mixed it with the matte glitter I received in the same order from Impulse Co.  Turns out, not only are the colours perfect but the contrast of the matte and shiny together looks awesome.  To start, I applied two coats of Rimmel Black Satin when went to work using my usual technique.  As usual, I started with a stripe down the middle of my nail then just built out either side.  Yes, I did also trim pieces to fit around my cuticle and tips.  By this point I'd already spent so much time on this what's a little more time to leave no gaps?






The Verdict:  I don't know how to words for this.  I love them so much, even though I suspect a few people won't understand why I'd spend so much time doing this.  It's totally worth it for me, especially close up.  The mixture of textures is perfect and I love them.  I only wish the shiny glitter was holographic but we can't always get everything we want.  I think I might be leaving these ones on for more than a day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX