Thursday, January 15, 2015

White and Gold Glitter Nails!

Do you know how hard it is to write another glitter intro?  Like, sure, I haven't used this glitter before but you've seen this with different colours.  You know, this might not be a bad time to just talk a little about my camera setup and how I'm happy I've finally found a way for the holographic rainbow in my glitter to show up.  I have quite a complicated setup for my photos.  I have a Canon T3i DSLR with a matching 60mm 1:1 macro lens.  This means I can get realllllly close up photos, like the ones I take of my thumb.  What this also means though is that I have to get really close to my nails with a big camera, something that's super difficult to light.  So I have a lightbox.  That's fine, but it gives out really even light which eats sparklies.  To compensate for THAT, I have a ring flash on my lens.  Until recently, when I put fresh batteries in it, I didn't realise it was cranked way down.  So I put it on full brightness. FINALLY, SPARKLIES.  It does make my skin look awful but if you focus on just the glitter, we'll be good.  So that's why some of my pictures look weird.  But sparkly.  Anyway....


I tried a new white base for this mani, the white end of a Revlon Nail Art Neon duo polish.  Turns out that two coats gives you a really nice, even white, which is a lot more difficult to achieve than you'd think.  Using a slow drying top coat, I did the usual stripe down the middle and center colour of glitter.  If you're careful with the spacing up front, it's a lot easier to just keep it going over the full nail.  A couple coats of Seche Vite and you're done.  






The Verdict: Turns out there's a reason lots of people have been doing white and gold nails lately, it's awesome.  And sparkly.  So there's that :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX