Friday, January 16, 2015

Rimmel Barmy Blue with Gold Holo Glitter Dots

I swear I'm a bit broken.  I get home from my weekly Tuesday movie (yay /r/torontoevents!) and have my exciting Dollish Polish package waiting for me.  Eleven polishes!  Including the gaming collection I've been lusting over for, like, a year!  But no, midnight is a silly time to do just a simple glitter swatch, it must be sparklier!   And more time consuming!


I guess I could have worse comfort zone than glitter.  It's been a reasonable amount of time since I used my gold holo circle glitter so that was the winner.  I started out as usual, with two coats of Rimmel Salon Pro Barmy Blue, a gorgeous blurple creme.  The good thing about this medium-large sized glitter is that you can use the base colour as the adhesive, it's so quick to do.  I painted the third coat, then went to work with my glitter and orange stick.  You have to be careful with the circles, they have a tendency to stick together.  For my cuticle pieces, I waited til then end, cut a bunch of pieces in half with my sewing scissors and stuck them on with top coat.  The edge pieces I just left to overhang, then I trimmed the excess off.







The Verdict:  I really like how this came out.  Gold and blurple always look amazing together and sometimes it's nice to have a simple glitter placement mani.  I'm finding that Lemony Flutter is really helping my nails as well.  I have really dry hands and messy cuticles I have a hard time leaving alone.  It's even faster to do the other hand: same third coat, just pick up some glitter on your finger and place randomly on your nail.  No one will be able to tell, I swear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX