Friday, January 16, 2015

Real Mermaid Glitter Nails

Once in awhile, I get the urge to do what most would consider insane levels of glitter.  I do it because I love it and I love sparklies.  This took a really long time to do - two night in fact - but it's totally worth it because it's just so very, very sparkly.  The glitter from LoveNailz etsy store goes so well together too.  I hope I get reincarnated as a mermaid, and my tail looks like this.  That would be nice...
To start, I applied two coat of Chanel Blue Satin, a dark blue shimmery creme.  Not that the base colour really matters because I completely covered it in glitter but there you go anyway.  Next, using my usual technique, I painted a thin stripe of top coat down the center of my first nail.  When you're planning on doing so much glitter, it's important to do thin stripes otherwise the outer edges will be too thick with top coat.  Then, taking an orange stick and four little piles of my glitter, I went to work, starting with a column of glitter that sets my spacing for the whole nail.  I then worked out to each side.  Don't worry if pieces stick off the edge of your nail, they can be trimmed to get the perfect edge-to-edge effect.  I even cut pieces in half so I wouldn't have gaps around my cuticles.  I don't like that. Top it with two coats of Seche Vite - making sure to wrap your tips - and you're done! 









The Verdict:  Not only is this the most glitter I've ever stuck to my nails, I think it might just be my favourite.  More rainbow is always better but the colour graduation here is so smooth that it just wins.  Not to mention how there aren't any areas I'm unhappy with the application, and it's the most sparkly.  So yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX