Friday, January 16, 2015

Last Week Wasn't Sparkly Enough So MORE HOLO!

Ok so I did this mani last weekend.  It was good, but it could be sparklier.  I know that was a lot of glitter last time but JUST NOT SPARKLY ENOUGH.  So realising I now have the full rainbow of holo colours in my small hexes, of course I'm going to do proper.  Sparkly.  

I tried to do this at a reasonable time last night but that meant applying glitter while watching the last episode of Breaking Bad and that clearly wasn't a good idea.  So late night glitter it is!  I think you know how to do this by now (see here if you want a tutorial) so let's assess composition and placement.  What bugs me, looking at this closely, is that the spacing isn't consistent between my fingers.  My thumb and ring finger - being done first - are loosely spaced but the other three fingers are closer together.  I don't like the difference.  This is what you get from doing glitter while tired and not taking out a colour or two for shorter nails.  I also which I hadn't added the silver.  Cover it up, and the rainbow is much smoother.  I know you'll think I'm nitpicking but I've done so many of these by this stage there isn't any harm in critically evaluating my work.  Fortunately, it is rainbowy and sparkly, so there's that.





The Verdict:  I like this, save for the reasons outlined above.  It's sparkly!  No macro photo today because apparently that's too hard for me to do, four times.  Sparkly!  Rainbows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

XXX